- A £50 cash deposit is required when hiring a chair. This deposit is returned to you, on safe return of the chair.
- For our insurance purposes, we must ask you to provide us with proof of identification. This ideally will be a photocard driving license as it has both a photograph and your address. However, if you do not have this, then a passport or other photo identification, with accompanying proof of address (acceptable forms are a council tax bill, gas/electric bill or bank account statement.) Please bring this along with you and we will photograph it on the day. It will be deleted on safe return of the chair. We cannot let a chair out to you without this, as we will not be covered by our insurance.
- We are unable to assist you to transfer yourself, or the person(s) using the wheelchairs. We do not have a hoist. Unfortunately, operating a hoist up on the promenade is not safe or viable according to HSE legislation. Equally, we are unable to insure our volunteers to assist. So transfer between the chairs is totally the responsibility of the person(s) using the chair and/or their carers.
- We also cannot be not responsible for assessing that the chair is appropriate for the person(s) whom wish to use it. This, along with the safety of the user, again, is totally the responsibility of the person(s) using the chair and/or their carers. Please familiarise yourself with safe operation, and ask any questions, prior to taking the chair away from the hut. If you choose to use any additional support straps or features which may be offered with the chairs, you do so entirely at your own risk and discretion. We are not qualified in any way to comment on the suitably of our chairs to the user, or guarantee their safety whilst in use.
- Chairs must be collected from the Beach Ability hut, at 11am on your agreed date of hire. The Beach Ability Hut is not always open, most of the time a volunteer will arrange to meet you just to get out the chairs. Please remember that our volunteers give their time totally free of any payment and are often on holiday themselves, so we really appreciate you arriving on time to collect the chair. Where a user is over 30 minutes late for a booking, and has not contacted us, the booking will be cancelled. Chairs must be returned to the hut at 4pm on the same date. The safety of the chair is the responsibility of the hirer between these times. It may be possible to agree an earlier time to return the chair, depending on the volunteer available on your requested date. You will also be provided with a contact number, in case of emergency situation requiring return of the chair any earlier than arranged. However, please be advised that it may take some time for our Volunteers to return to The Hut. Please make us aware if you think that this may be a problem for you. We will always do our best to ensure that everyone can use our chairs.
- You may store your own wheelchair/mobility scooter/or other equipment in the Beach Ability Hut, however this is at your own risk (our insurance does not cover your chairs, equipment or property.) The hut will be securely locked, if there is no volunteer on duty there.
- Our chairs are not insured to be taken away to other locations. They were also paid for totally by money raised by local businesses, caravan owners and holiday makers in Ingoldmells. So it is only fair that they are available for use here. Chairs must be pushed onto the sand using the nearest ramp to the Beach Ability Hut and must STAY ON THE SAND. Pushing the chairs on the concrete promenade can cause the wheels to burst. Please also be mindful of any objects on the sand. Chairs are for use only on Ingoldmells beach from the Beach Ability hut, to Bibby’s beach bar. Although, please be advised that these chairs are hard to push, so it is recommended that you do not push them too far, so that you struggle to return them. The chairs can go to the sea and it is ok to get them wet. Again, please just be aware that pushing them back up from the sea may be difficult. It is totally the responsibility of the hirer of the chair to ensure that it is returned on time and in the same condition that it was let out in.
- The hirer (person whom has given their identification) will be liable for any repairs to, or any cleaning of a chair that is required due to the hirers negligence or misuse of the chair. You will be invoiced for any such costs and asked to pay the amount within 7 days, so that we can continue to let others make use of the chair as soon as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information, we hope to see you soon